Can't find what you are looking for? Call our customer support at 1300 856 710 or email us at email@example.com
Experience membership benefits like nowhere else with ABN.
Explore all the products and services which makes up your ABN membership.
Meet the team at Australian Bookkeepers Network.
Find out how a bookkeeper can help your business.
Protect your Bookkeeping Business with ABN's PI Partners.
Protect your business with Cyber Insurance
How ABN gives back to the community
ABN is committed to providing professional development opportunities for bookkeepers.
Members can access Australian Bookkeepers Network's (ABN) bookkeeper contract samples, quote templates, agreement letters & much more.
Wondering how to become a registered bookkeeper? Here's an outline of what to expect when working as one and the steps required to become certified.
Who is ABN BAS and how can they assist BAS and non-BAS Agents
View the full list of services provided by ABN BAS
Do you want to become a registered BAS Agent but you're not sure where to start? We've provided an outline of the qualifications and registrations required for this profession.
Explore the requirements for gaining relevant experience
Frequently asked questions about ABN BAS
ABA is a recognised professional bookkeeping association for BAS agents by the Tax Practitioners Board.
Benefits of the ABA Membership
Join Australian Bookkeepers Association today
Australian Bookkeepers Association (ABA) is governed by a Board of Directors
View the ABA Constitution, By-Laws and other current documentation relevant to your membership.
A summary of the essential membership rules which have been extracted from ABAs By-Laws and Constitution.
Code of Professional Conduct for BAS Agents
All the Latest from ABN on the COVID-19 Crisis
All the latest news and events from the Bookkeeping Industry
All your Industry events in one handy location.
Meet other bookkeepers, learn new skills, and earn CPE with ABN Coffee Clubs
Hear from prominent industry figures on current industry trends, technology and innovation
Celebrate Global Bookkeeping Week with ABN & ABA
Australia's leading Bookkeeper Event!
ABA Tech Talk
1. With 30 June fast approaching, consider if your Primary Production clients could benefit from the farm management deposits (FMD) scheme…
2. The scheme is designed to enable primary producers to deal with uneven income flows by making tax deductible deposits during prosperous years and receiving assessable repayments during less prosperous years. FMD accounts are commercial products offered by financial institutions and coordinated by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
3. Subject to certain conditions, the FMD is deductible in the year in which they are made. Where FMDs have previously been claimed as a tax deduction is repaid, the repayments are treated as assessable income in the year in which they are made.
4. Amounts that are repaid within 12 months of deposit do not receive concessional treatment unless the repayment is due to a natural disaster or severe drought (see ATO website for details).
5. General eligibility requirements:
• Be an individual (including as a partner in a partnership or beneficiary of a trust) carrying on a primary production business in Australia at the time you make a deposit
• Have no more than $100,000 taxable non-primary production income in the income year you make the deposit
• Hold no more than $800,000 total in FMDs.
Read more: https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Primary-producers/In-detail/Farm-management-deposits-scheme/