Australian Bookkeepers Association was incorporated with a broad set of objectives that are designed to advance the cause of the bookkeeping profession. ABA is an accredited BAS Agent association that is run by Australian bookkeepers for Australian bookkeepers.
The Australian Bookkeepers Association difference:
- It is governed by bookkeepers;
- It is proudly 100% Australian;
- Its governance structure allows for greater involvement from members;
- Its membership is priced at $77 per annum (or complimentary for members of ABN)
ABA would like to acknowledge Australian Bookkeepers Network (ABN) for fully funding its establishment.
How we help Members?
- Relevant Experience - A reduction in the required hours of relevant experience when applying for or renewing a BAS Agent registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (from 1400 to 1000 hours)
- Representation - Representation in more arenas that affect you as a bookkeeper
- Training & Learning - Focus on training and education
- Be Involved - The opportunity to become more involved in your profession
- Your Say - Further opportunity to have your voice heard and ideas presented to the appropriate bodies, organisations and government departments
- Information Flow - Better information flow from arenas in which ABA will represent its members
Specifically ABA will focus on:
- Representing the interests of the bookkeepers in all appropriate forums,
- Being a BAS Agent Association under TASA;
- Training and learning;
- Providing appropriate avenues for bookkeepers to air and exchange views;
- Fostering stronger connections within the bookkeeping industry.
With the appropriate governance structure in place, ABA can achieve some excellent outcomes for the bookkeeping profession as a whole.