Australian Bookkeepers Association (ABA) was incorporated with a broad set of objectives that are designed to advance the cause of the bookkeeping profession. ABA is a recognised professional association for BAS agents by the Tax Practitioners Board.
The Australian Bookkeepers Association difference:
- ABA is governed by bookkeepers.
- ABA is proudly 100% Australian.
- ABA's governance structure allows for greater involvement from members.
- ABA's membership is priced at only $77 per annum (or complimentary for members of ABN).
- ABA is software-neutral, and does not accept financial support from software houses.
ABA would like to acknowledge Australian Bookkeepers Network (ABN) for fully funding its establishment.
How we help members
- Relevant Experience - ABA members receive a reduction in the required hours of relevant experience when applying for or renewing a BAS agent registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (from 1400 to 1000 hours).
- Representation - Representation in more arenas that affect you as a bookkeeper
- Training & Learning - Focus on training and education
- Be Involved - The opportunity to become more involved in your profession
- Your Say - Further opportunity to have your voice heard and ideas presented to the appropriate bodies, organisations and government departments
- Information Flow - Better information flow from arenas in which ABA represents its members
Specifically ABA focuses on:
- Representing the interests of the bookkeepers in all appropriate forums;
- Complying with BAS agent association requirements as per TASA;
- Training and learning;
- Providing appropriate avenues for bookkeepers to air and exchange views;
- Fostering stronger connections within the bookkeeping industry.