- Relevant Experience - Voting ABA members receive a reduction in the required hours of relevant experience when applying for or renewing a BAS agent registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (from 1400 to 1000 hours).
- Representation - Representation in more arenas that affect you as a bookkeeper in Australia
- Training & Learning - A strong focus on bookkeeping upskilling, training and education
- Be Involved - The opportunity to become more involved in your profession
- Your Say - Further opportunity to have your voice heard and ideas presented to the appropriate bodies, organisations and government departments
- Information Flow - Better information flow from arenas in which ABA represents its members
Specifically ABA focuses on:
- Representing the interests of the bookkeepers in all appropriate forums;
- Complying with BAS agent association requirements as per TASA;
- Training and learning about bookkeeping specifically in Australia;
- Providing appropriate avenues for bookkeepers to air and exchange views;
- Fostering stronger connections within the bookkeeping industry.
ABA is the top choice for your professional bookkeeping association in Australia. Learn more about the amazing benefits of join ABA here.